“In your anger do not sin, do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.” Ephesians 4:26
What are some things that make you angry? Below is a list of the top 10 things that anger us. It’s pretty good.
10. People who drive like idiots, especially those that slow down to look at something going on on the other side of the freeway
9. People who are late!
8. People who talk during the movies.
7. Companies that make you scroll through a zillion options before you can speak to a live person. By the time you get to the live person, you’re ready to freak out.
6. People who leave the seat up!
5. People who pass gas on a crowded public elevator. They know they did it, yet they know they can get away with it without being caught..
3. People who use their text messaging while their having a conversation with you.
2. People who are rude. There is just no good reason for being rude. Are you the one that cuts in line, pulls into a parking spot out of turn, or guilty of #5 above?
1. The number one reason on our survey that makes people mad? Themselves. They allow themselves to get angry when in fact getting mad is a choice!
Yes, there are a lot of things that make us angry, but the truth is anger is a choice. There are some things that seem impossible not to get angry about, yes. But the length of time that you are angry is up to you. Honestly, no one likes to be around someone who is always in a bad mood or has a hot temper. So how do you lower your anger? Implement this phrase into your life, “Can’t Change it.” Most of the time, you can’t change it! It’s done, it happened, and there’s nothing you can do to go back and change it. So, you have a choice. Focus on the bad and stay upset, or accept it and move forward. Put acceptance into your stress life. Eventually you may not have one! Then all you have to worry about is getting into the elevator with the wrong person..